Monday, July 18, 2011

M&M's

M&M's, one the greatest candies in the world, but there is something about them isn't so good.



Take a close look at these M&M characters, notice anything odd? Probably not, they look like great guys, all happy and friendly. Well at a first glance you wouldn't notice it but they have a candy coating. What does having a candy coating have to do with us? Well let me tell you.

A while back I wrote a blog about Whoppers melting, and I thought about how M&M's dont melt. Then I thought of a scripture in Ether 12:27. It goes like this: "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." So if we humble ourselves we will be made strong. Back to the M&M's now, I thought about how they have that coating on the outside that kinda keeps them from melting or being humble, you could say that the coating is pride. Then what if the M&M's listened to this advice, they would put off the coating (pride), and become humble. When we become humble the Lord has promised to make our weaknesses into our strengths. So that soft chocolately center in those M&M's would be made strong, to withstand the heat of the world. In our own lives sometimes we let our pride keep us from being humble enough to accept our weaknesses, and letting the Lord build and strengthen us.

So what kind of candy would you have if the M&Ms applied this scripture in their life?

No comments:

Post a Comment