Thursday, June 9, 2011

Whoppers!

Whoppers! About a week ago I bought a carton of Whoppers similar to this one. I like Whoppers. I carry them in our car to snack on through out the day. Whoppers like most chocolate candies have a tendency to melt when exposed to warm temperatures. I wasn't expecting the temperatures here in Lakeside to get warm enough to melt my Whoppers, but like all Montana weather you can never predict what will happen. My Whoppers melted!

So, what do melted Whoppers have to do with anything? Why am I sharing such a random story? Well, the moral of the story is that we need to be like the Whoppers when life gets warm or a little stressful. The interesting thing that happened with my Whoppers was that when the had melted, they stuck together. In each of our lives we face those moments where the heat of the world can break us down and even cause some of us to melt down. In those very moments we need to stick together, and help each other through our individual trials. In the past general priesthood session President Uchtdorf  related a story of a struggle to move a piano. The struggle was resolved when the movers were instructed to "stand close together and lift where you stand."(Lift Where You Stand) As they stood close together and used their combined strength they were able to accomplish the difficult task. As we stand close together and help those around us, "God [will] grant unto you that your burdens may be light, through the joy of his Son." (Alma 33:23)


Hey check out Job and some of his trials without friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment