Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Debra's Story




Recently I added a new friend on Facebook from London. She is currently meeting with the missionaries, and is planning to be baptized this saturday. Here is her story.


"Well Im Debra from London and I like to tell you how I came to the LDS church
I have a friend who lives in Bends, New York he lives there with his family and they have 3 children we got to meet through a penpal web site and we have talked for a while and sent messages and post then he sent me a package with the Book of Mormon I love it because I love to read as I was reading it I then emailed my friend and I asked where would I get to find a church near me and he said on the home page of LDS.org so I went on there and left a message to ask how I would find a church near me and few days later I got a call from an Elder of the church he said he would like to come round and he did bringing another Elder with him and also another member of the church we got to talk about the church and how I came to ask about it after they come to teach me about the Book of Mormon and other things we get on very well together and now Im being baptised in the church near where I live and also attend every sunday I really love the people in the church and I love God and his son Jesus Christ I know one day I will be going back to His Kingdom and be with him once again
so thats how I got to be with the church and I am so happy because it is a wonderful moment in my life to know that the Book of Mormon is true and Jesus Christ is our saviour and redeemer"

When I talked with Debra she told me that she read the Book of Mormon in two days. I was so surprised because I have never read the book in such a short amount of time. As I read this story I found a few important things. First a friend, one that cares enough to share the gospel to all his friends. The principles of salvation are found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that is why its so important for all of us to do all we can to invite our friends and family to hear this wonderful message. Thanks to Debra's friend and Debra's desire to draw closer to God she has found the happiness that is coupled with the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the blessings that have come to me as I have learned and lived the gospel, and I am happy for Debra and hope that she will continue to love God and follow Jesus Christ as she embarks on her journey to live with God once more.



No comments:

Post a Comment