Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rain rain go away!

Rain rain go away, come again another day!

Most of us have heard this little nursery rhyme. Today I was thinking about this rhyme because its raining, again. Here in the Kalispell area we are waiting for the rivers to flood, so more rain isn't really what we want. Its actually a little annoying. Thats why I was saying this rhyme, only I was thinking DON'T come again another day!


On the other hand, how often do we pray for rain to come to nurish our crops and to end a drought? Or how often do we pray for patience, and don't like the trial that comes. Some times I am not aware that God is blessing me with what I asked for, its just not in the way I wanted it. Heavenly Father hears our prayers and answers them, maybe not in our time or in our way, but he does. That is one of the greatest blessings that I have been given is knowing that God does listen, and answers. Our Father in Heaven desires to bless each of us with happiness, and has promised that "if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." He will give us our righteous desires, and will give it freely without punishment. So ask away, but be willing to act on what you have asked for, and be grateful as well. And when you ask for rain be ready to receive rain, maybe more than what you thought sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment